Wow mom on Mother’s Day with a bow decorated rustic wooden frame! A unique and creative way to display sentimental family photos! This wooden holder can be used in so many ways – from a cute picture frame, or to-do list, shopping list, or recipe holder. And it also looks amazing on a shelf, with a family photo, or special note from a loved one. The Bowdabra bow adds a lovely special touch and the attached clothespin keeps the items secure.
The is a super easy project!
Materials used include:
Project wood – 3 pack
Craft gel stain
Stencil and spouncer
Hot glue gun
Bowdabra, wire and wand
1. Take your wooden board and . . .
stain the front and back and let dry.
2. Position the stencil on the board and lightly tap with a “dry” acrylic paint covered spouncer over the stencil.
3. Carefully lift stencil from surface and allow to dry.
4. Cut an 18″ piece of Bowdabra wire, fold in half, and lay it into the Bowdabra. You will have a loop on one end and two loose pieces at the other end. Tuck under.
5. Cut an 18″ piece of ribbon, creasing end and inserting it into the Bowdabra.
6. Crease the other end of the ribbon and loop above the Bowdabra tower and insert into the Bowdabra.
Each end is gathered and centered in the Bowdabra.
7. Pinch the sides of the ribbon in and push center down into the Bowdabra.
8. Scrunch down the ribbon with the Bowdabra wand.
9. Thread the two loose ends of the bow wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the bow wire tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the wire and tie a knot in the back. Cut off excess wire.
10. To finish, cut a small piece of finishing trim from the ribbon. Place a dab of hot glue on the center of the back wire and attach the finishing trim around the bow to the back and seal. Fluff bow. Hot glue center of bow onto the board. And finally, add hot glue to the back of a decorative clothespin and attach in center, just below the Bowdabra bow.
What a great Mother’s Day gift for displaying precious memories such as these!