These little DIY Pet party hats are so much fun to make and are perfect for celebrating your furry friends birthday or other special day. If the party is for your then let your pet join in the celebration with their very own party hat.
These fun little Pet party hats work for dogs and cats! (June will soon be here and it is national adopt a cat month) You can design the hats according to your pet’s size. Finish with a bow and some elastic to hold the hat snuggly in place. Then say woof for the camera.
- Thin cardboard (Snack or cereal boxes)
- Brightly colored cardstock
- Thin width ribbon
- Mini Bowdabra with hair bow tool and ruler attachment
- Bowdabra bow wire
- Think elastic
- Gems or buttons
- Glue stick
- Glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Begin by gathering all your craft materials.
- Cut a birthday party hat pattern out from cardboard. I used little snack boxes because my dogs are small. Have a larger dog? – Use a cereal box. Be sure to notch out the top and add a tab to glue it in place.
- Cut out several hat patterns.
- Glue cardstock to the top of the cardboard.
- Roll the hat patterns into shape and glue the tab to the side. Glue a piece of accent ribbon to the bottom.
- To make the bow for the front of the hat place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
- To create the bow tail place the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra at the 2″ mark.
- Fold and press the ribbon at the 1.5″ mark to make your first loop.
- Continue fold and pressing the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra to make additional loops. When you have the amount of loops you want cut the ribbon at the 2″ mark to make your second tail.
- Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
- Place the two tails of Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop and pull tightly.
- Bring the wire around the back of the bow and knot.
- Fluff the bow and glue it onto the party hat. Add a gem to the center of the bow and spiral the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire.
- Hot glue elastic to the bottom of the hat.
- Follow the instructions to make several pet party hats.
- Pets can wear for birthdays or other celebrations.