Dress up your pups for patriotic holidays and parties with this cute Patriotic dog bow. The bow is attached with some elastic on to the collar so it easily goes on and off whenever you want. Alternate the ribbons and charms and you can make an entire wardrobe of seasonal bows for your pets.
It’s so easy with the Bowdabra bow maker with ruler attachment. I’ve made my elastic small because I have a tiny dog but you can make the same bow for any size dog just change the elastic to fit the collars.
- Bowdabra Mini Bow Maker with hair bow tool and ruler attachment
- Bowdabra bow wire
- 20 inches of 1 ½” wide patriotic ribbon
- Two small red, white or blue feathers
- Sparkle star charm
- 3 inches 1/8” wide elastic (for small dog collar but longer for larger dog collar)
- Needle and thread
- Piece of matching felt ¼” wide x 1 ½” long
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Gather your supplies.
- Cut a piece of elastic and sew together into a loop. Set aside.
- Cut an 18-inch piece of Bowdabra bow wire, fold in half and insert into the bow maker. You will have a loop on one side and two loose wires on the other.
- Cut a 20-inch piece of patriotic ribbon. Use a lighter to run quickly on the ends to seal to prevent fraying.
- Fold the ribbon in half to find the center and insert into the Bowdabra.
- Make a loop with one end bringing around and inserting the end into the Bowdabra.
- Bring the other end across the first loop and insert that end under the first loop and into the Bowdabra. It will look like an X.
- Insert the bottom ribbon loop into the Bowdabra. Repeat with the top loop. You have formed the bow.
- Add one of the feathers. Add another feather on the opposite side. Scrunch down with the Bowdabra wand. Insert the two loose wire ends through the loop and pull tight while the bow is still in the Bowdabra. Remove from the Bowdabra, turn to the back and tie in a knot. Cut off any excess bow wire. Arrange the bow.
- Use the hot glue to attach the elastic loop on the back of the bow. Add the felt piece over the elastic to secure. Turn the bow over and attach the star charm in the center. Use the elastic to attach to the collar.
Find Bowdabra bow makers and supplies at your local craft stores or online.
Visit Bowdabra designer Crystal at Make it easy crafts, Facebook, twitter, G+, Bloglovin, and Pinterest for more quick and easy tutorials.