Horse show season is in full swing. Are you ready with horse show hair bows for your little exhibitors? Horse show hair bows can be quite pricey but you can make an adorable and personalized locket horse show hair bow quickly and easily and spend very little time and money in the process.
- 15mm circle bezels
- ModPodge dimensional magic or other clear dimensional product
- Tiny horse photo printed on paper and cut to fit in the bezel
- 1 ½” wired ribbon
- 1” grosgrain ribbon
- ¼” grosgrain ribbon
- Bowdabra bow wire
- Bowdabra Mini Bow maker
- Bowdabra tool and ruler attachment
- Alligator hair clip
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Make the locket for the locket horse show hair bow. Print a small photo of your horse on your printer on computer paper, or use a photo from a magazine. Cut the photo to fit in the bezel.
- Place the photo in the bezel and carefully add the dimensional clear glue on top. Be careful not to shake the bottle, as it will cause bubbles to form. Set aside and let dry completely.
- Cut a piece of Bowdabra bow wire 18 inches. Fold in half and place in the Bowdabra. You will have a loop on one side and two loose wires on the other.
- Cut the 1” wide piece grosgrain 15 Inches long in a color of your choice. Dovetail both ends and lightly run a lighter over it to keep it from fraying. Fold the ribbon in half to find the center and insert into the Bowdabra.
- Cut a piece of ¼” grosgrain ribbon in your coordinating color 14 inches long. Fold in half to find the center and insert into the Bowdabra
- Cut a piece of 1 ½” wide wired ribbon 18 ½” long. Fold in half to find the center and insert into the Bowdabra.
- Bring the right end of the ribbon over and insert the tail end into the Bowdabra
- Bring the other end over and under the first loop forming an X and insert the end into the Bowdabra.
- Insert the ribbon center of both loops into the Bowdabra.
- Scrunch down with the Bowdabra wand.
- Insert the two loose wires through the loop making a slipknot and pull tight. Remove from the Bowdabra, turn to the back, separate the ends and tie a knot. Adjust the bow and tails.
- Using the wires from the back bring to the front and insert it through the loop in the top of the bezel. Bring the wires to the back and tie a knot. Cut off any excess wires.
- Use the hot glue gun and hot glue sticks to attach an alligator clip to the back of the bow.
- Repeat all the steps for a second bow to make a perfect pair.
Your lead line and short stirrup horse show exhibitors will just love this personalized locket horse show hair bow and wear all season long.
Visit Bowdabra designer Crystal at Make it easy crafts, g+, Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Bloglovin for more creative quick and easy crafts and recipes. Find Bowdabra products in your favorite craft store or online.