If you want to know how to wrap a special Father’s Day gift that dad will love don’t use store bought wrapping paper. Make your own child’s artwork gift-wrap as the wrapping paper. You can use artwork that they bring home from school or have them create a special piece of art on some large drawing paper. The child’s artwork gift-wrap will be a gift in itself as you share their creativity with Dad on his special day.
Dad is sure to love this specially wrapped gift just for him.
- Begin with their artwork.
- Use your children’s artwork to wrap the gift.
- Create a fun party style gift bow for the giftwrap. First place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Next, cut an 18” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Insert the bow wire into the Bowdabra, you will have a loop on one side and two loose wires on the other.
- Cut a piece of satin ribbon 30” long. Fold the ribbon in half to create a crease. At the crease place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Fold and create a loop at the 2” mark.
- Continue folding and creating ribbon loops alternating sides. Create a total of 3 loops on each side.
- Cut a piece of alternative color ribbon 28” long. Fold the ribbon in half at the crease mark place the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra. Create a loop at the 1.75” mark.
- Continue folding and creating loops for a total of 6 loops sized at 1.75”.
- Cut the star ribbon strip 5” long and dovetail the ends. Fold it in half to find the center, place it at the center mark into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand. Then thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull tight while the bow is still in the Bowdabra.
- Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
- Fluff the bow and spiral the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire. Wrap a piece of ribbon around the wrapped gift and attach the bow.
Your child’s artwork is a wonderful and special way to recycle your child’s artwork for Dad Mom, Grandparents and more!
You can find Bowdabra bow maker and supplies at all your local craft stores and online.