Sunday is Father’s Day and a great way to show your appreciation to dad is with a delicious Father’s Day breakfast you make just for him. This savory hash recipe from Karyl at Karyl’s Kulinary Krusade is a perfect dish with an egg added on top for Dad’s special Father’s Day breakfast.
Remember how special Dad is on Father’s Day and every day. Visit Bowdabra again next week for another yummy Dinner Easy recipe! Happy Father’s Day!
- 2 links spicy Italian sausage (I use Johnsonville brand), casings removed
- 1/2lb yukon gold or russett potatoes, chopped into 1/2” cubes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup each green, red and yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 4oz baby portobello mushrooms, quartered
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth (I use homemade)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large basil leaves, chopped, plus additional basil leaves for garnish
- 2 large eggs
- In large skillet over medium heat, crumble sausage into small pieces and cook until brown. Remove from skillet, using slotted spoon to reserve fat.
- If needed, add 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Add potatoes and cook, tossing occasionally, until golden brown and cooked through. Will take about 10 minutes. Remove potatoes and set aside.
- If needed add 1 more teaspoon of olive oil.
- Add onions and bell pepper and saute until tender-crisp, about 10 minutes.
- When peppers are almost done, cook eggs in medium skillet until done. The yolks should be intact, but runny inside.
- Add mushrooms, garlic, sausage and broth, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add potatoes, chopped basil, salt and pepper to taste and toss to combine.
- Portion hash into serving bowls. Top each bowl with an egg, and serve.
Be sure and visit Karyl’s Kulinary Crusade as she discovers new restaurants, recipes and more!