Learn how to make a cute patriotic tulle hair bow in minutes with the mini Bowdabra hair bow tool with ruler attachment.
You won’t believe how quick and easy you can create this elegant bow. It looks equally well on kids as well as adults. Wear it in your hair or you can even use the alligator clip to attach it to your lapel. Since we are using 6-inch wide tulle the bow is fairly large (about six inches across) so it looks great worn alone. You can use tulle that is 3-inch or 4-inch wide for a smaller bow.
Don’t celebrate the fourth of July this year without wearing the red, white and blue!
- 24 inches of 6-inch wide white and red tulle
- 10-½” length of ½”wide dark blue grosgrain ribbon
- 18” Bowdabra bow wire
- Mini Bowdabra with hair bow tool and ruler
- Small star charm
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Alligator clip
- Gather your supplies.
- Cut a 10 ½” length of the grosgrain ribbon and dove tail the ends. Use a lighter lightly to seal the ends from fraying.
- Fold an 18” length of Bowdabra bow wire in half and insert into the Bowdabra. You will have a loop on one side and two loose wires on the other.
- Fold the grosgrain ribbon in half to find the center and insert into the Bowdabra.
- Insert the white tulle into the Bowdabra from the top and continue inserting like an accordion until you have used the entire length of tulle. Next add the red tulle in the same way.
- Scrunch down with the Bowdabra wand.
- Insert the two loose wires through the loop and pull tight while the bow is still in the Bowdabra.
- Remove from the Bowdabra, turn to the back and tie a knot. Adjust the bow and cut off the excess bow wire.
- Add an alligator clip to the back of the bow with some hot glue. To finish attach a white star charm to the front center of the bow with some more hot glue.
Visit Bowdabra designer Crystal at her blog Make it easy crafts, Facebook, G+, Bloglovin, Pinterest and Twitter!