HOW TO MAKE WEDDING CHALKBOARD TABLE MARKERS
These pretty chalkboard wedding table markers are so easy to make with little chalkboard easels. Add just the right finishing touch with a simple and elegant Bowdabra bow.
Since these are chalkboards, simply use chalk to label the tables. Finally, You can print the date and names of the couple on the back with a permanent marker, and after the reception the guests can take them home as a lasting memento favor.
- Mini chalkboard easels
- Painters blue masking tape
- Silver acrylic paint
- Small paintbrush
- Bowdabra mini bow maker
- Bowdabra silver bow wire
- Small white rosebud
- 20 inches 1 ½” wide white sparkle wired ribbon
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Permanent marker (optional)
Prepare the chalkboard easel
- Tape up the chalkboard area with blue painters tape.
- Use a small paintbrush and silver acrylic paint to cover the frame, back and legs of the easel. Let dry completely.
Make the bow
- Cut an 18” piece of silver Bowdabra bow wire, fold in half and insert into the Bowdabra. You will have a loop on one side and two loose wires on the other.
- Fold the ribbon in half to find the center. Insert into the Bowdabra.
- Working on one side, make a loop, bringing it over and around the Bowdabra and insert the end in the Bowdabra.
- Bring the opposite ribbon across the first loop and insert that end under the first loop and into the Bowdabra. It will look like an X.
- Insert the bottom ribbon into the Bowdabra. Repeat with the top loop and you have formed the bow.
- Scrunch down with the Bowdabra wand.
- Insert the two loose wires through the loop and pull tight while the bow is still in the Bowdabra.
- Remove the bow. Separate the wires, turn to the back and tie a knot. Fluff and arrange the bow
- Use the hot glue gun to add a rosebud to the center of the bow.
- Glue the bow onto the side corner of the easel. Use chalk to mark the table numbers. If desired use a permanent marker to print the date and name of the couple on the back of the easel.
The Bowdabra bow maker is a useful and fun tool to use for any wedding and celebration. You can easily make chalkboard wedding table markers; decorate floral arrangements, pew bows and so much more! And Bowdabra bow makers are inexpensive and readily available at most craft retailers and online.
Visit Bowdabra designer Crystal for more tutorials like the Wedding chalkboard table markers at her blog Make it easy crafts, Facebook, Twitter, Bloglovin, G+ and Pinterest.