Pretty soon school will be starting and your little girl will wow them when she shows up wearing this elegant pearl hair clip!
It’s so easy to make this elegant pearl hair clip in just minutes with the Mini Bowdaba, with hair bow tool and ruler. And with Christmas just around the corner you will want to make a few for gifts in holiday colors.
- 36” Pink tulle 6” wide folded in half lengthwise
- 12” 2 ½” wide sheer wired ribbon, burgundy
- Bowdabra bow wire
- Pearls in various sizes
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Ribbon lines alligator clip
- First, cut a piece of bow wire 18” long, fold in half and insert into the Bowdabra. You will have a loop on one side and two loose wires on the other.
- Next take the folded tulle and insert into the Bowdabra from the top pushing down like an accordion.
- Continue inserting the tulle until you have reached the end.
- Scrunch down with the Bowdabra wand.
- Now insert the two loose wires through the loop and pull tight while the puff is still in the Bowdabra. Remove, turn to the back and tie a knot. Cut the wires short, fluff the medallion and set aside.
Elegant pearl hair clip continued
- Now make the second medallion puff. Repeat step one. Next, using the sheer wired ribbon insert from the top as you did before inserting the ribbon like an accordion until you reach the end. Scrunch down with the Bowdabra wand.
- Insert the two loose wires through the loop and pull tight. Remove from the Bowdabra, turn to the back and tie a knot. Line up both puffs placing the tulle on the bottom and using the wire from the second puff, tie together and knot to the back. Cut the wires short.
- To finish your elegant pearl hair clip, use the hot glue gun to add pearls one at a time. Add the glue in small amounts and then use some tweezers to add the pearls as desired. (tweezers help to keep your from burning your hands) You may substitute thick tacky glue instead of the glue gun but it will need a bit longer to dry.
- When you have added all your pearls, turn to the back and attach a ribbon lined alligator clip with some more hot glue.
All in all this elegant pearl hair clip is sure to be a hit with your little girl. In fact you may end up making some for all her friends. We hope you enjoyed this easy tutorial and will visit Bowdabra often for more quick and easy crafts
In the meantime, visit Bowdabra designer Crystal at her blog Make it easy crafts for more of her craft tutorials and recipes.