You can easily make an attractive apple cider vinegar bottle for yourself or as a hostess gift.
Decoupage has been around for a long time and if you haven’t tried it, you are missing some great crafting fun. Bottles of all shapes and sizes are showing up in the craft stores now and they make great surfaces for decoupage. The bottle I picked up recently is on its way to being a beautiful and unique apple cider vinegar bottle. Add a beautiful Bowdabra bow and present it to your hostess at your next get together!
To get the apple photos for your decoupage project simply go online and search for public domain pictures. Find some apple photos you like and print on all-purpose paper.
- Mod podge decoupage glue
- Small paintbrush
- Bottle with stopper
- Mini Bowdabra bow maker with ruler attachment
- 12 inches green 1 ½” wide wired ribbon
- 36 inches red 2 ½” wide wired ribbon
- 18” Bowdabra bow wire
- Printer and all-purpose computer paper
- First wash and then wipe the outside of your bottle with alcohol to remove any dirt and oils. Gather your supplies.
- Next, search public domain pictures on the Internet to find an apple photo you like. Print the photo in a workable size. I printed mine at 4 x 6.
- After you print your photo, cut around the leaves and apples with small scissors in a pleasing configuration.
- Now apply some decoupage glue with a small paintbrush on the front of your bottle. Immediately place the image on the glue. Then brush on some more glue on top of the image and over the edges. (The glue dries clear)
- Add another coat of glue to the top and on any areas that are not laying flat. Use the brush to press the image on the bottle. Let the glue dry completely.
Now make the bow
- First cut a piece of Bowdabra bow wire 18”. Fold in half and insert into the Bowdabra. You will have a loop on one side and two loose wires on the other. Fold the wires under the Bowdabra to keep out of the way while you are working.
- Now, Dove tail the ends of the green ribbon. Then take the green ribbon, and find the center and insert into the Bowdabra.
- Next place the end of the red ribbon into the Bowdabra and make a loop to the 3-inch mark on the ruler. Twist the ribbon as you insert it into the Bowdabra to make sure the right side is facing up and make a matching loop on the other side.
- Twist and make another loop. On the last loop bring the end under and insert into the Bowdabra. Continue and make the last loop. You will have a little loop facing to the right, which will be your round center of the bow.
- Scrunch down with Bowdabra wand, then insert the two loose wires through the loop and pull tight while the bow is still in the Bowdabra. Remove from the Bowdabra, turn to the back, separate the wires and tie a knot.
- Finally, fluff the bow and poof out the center.
Attach the bow to the apple cider vinegar bottle
- For the final touches, use the extra wire to tie the bow to the bottle. Fill with flavored vinegar or apple cider vinegar and display or give as a unique hostess gift.
We hope you enjoyed making this fun decoupage apple cider vinegar bottle You can find Bowdabra products in all the craft stores and online.
Note: You can also go green and recycle a glass bottle by soaking off the label and decoupage with your image.