This week we are featuring a scrumptious sausage sweet potato hash with vegetables recipe from guest blogger Karyl at Karylskulinarykrusade. These days everyone is into healthy and clean eating. It’s hearty, filling, and healthy and best of all, delicious. In other words, you can’t ask for more in any recipe.
While you might not think of sweet potatoes for a hash. Sweet potatoes, however, are wonderful in savory dishes. And this one is no exception. Honestly can you even look at this sausage sweet potato and vegetable hash without having your mouth water? I didn’t think so.
After you’ve looked over this wonderful recipe by all means read how Karyl created her sausage sweet potato hash recipe. And be sure and check all her other delicious recipes and restaurant reviews.
Sausage sweet potato hash recipe
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 spicy Italian sausage links, casings removed, cut into bite sized pieces (I used Johnsonville)
- ½ cup red onion sliced
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ½” cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces baby Portobello mushrooms, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 cups kale, ribs removed, rinsed, chopped, into bite sized pieces
- ¼ cup vegetable broth (I use home made)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- First, peel potatoes, cut into ½” pieces
- Then, add potatoes to a pot of cold water. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 -5 minutes. Drain and set aside
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add sausage and cook until cooked through, and crumble sausage while it cooks. Remove sausage and set aside.
- Next, add garlic cloves to skillet, lower heat to medium and cook until light golden brown. Will only take 2-3 minutes. Watch carefully so garlic does not burn! Remove garlic and set aside.
- Add 2 teaspoon of oil, if necessary.
- Return heat to medium-high. Add potato to skillet and cook until slightly charred. Remove and set aside.
- Add one more teaspoon of oil if necessary.
- Next, add onion and peppers to skillet and sauté until tender-crisp.
- Then, add mushrooms, and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Now add kale, vegetable broth, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper and cook until kale is soft.
- Finally, add the sausage, potatoes and garlic back to skillet. Combine and cook until everything is warmed through.
- Portion into bowls and garnish with parsley
Be sure and visit Bowdabra blog again soon for some great, recipes and craft tutorials.
4 thoughts on “Try this amazing sausage sweet potato hash”