Today we are teaching you how to make an awesome Halloween glowing dog bow. Halloween is on the horizon and you will want to dress up your pet as well as yourself. You can make this adorable glow in the dark dog bow quick and easy with the Bowabra bow maker with ruler attachment.
The glow on the bow comes from using glow in the dark duct tape that we made into a kind of ribbon. Since, this duct tape has a unique fabric like texture that makes it ideal for bow making. Now when you go out trick or treating with your pooch you will both be a little safer with the Halloween glowing dog bow!
And the best part is that this Halloween glowing dog bow is removable with elastic that easily slides on and off your pet’s collar.
- Glow in the dark duct tape
- Cutting board or any other removable surface
- Bowdabra mini bow maker with ruler attachment
- Bowdabra bow wire
- 24” 1 ½” wide orange and black Halloween ribbon
- 2” 1/8” wide black elastic
- Scrap piece of black felt
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
Lets get started!
- First make the duct tape ribbon. Working on a cutting board, cut two pieces of the duct tape 12” long. Now, carefully stick them sticky sides together. You will have one piece.
- Next, use a ruler to measure about ¼” wide by 12” long. Cut two of these strips. This will be your glow in the dark ribbon.
- First you do is gather your supplies. Now to make the bow cut 18” bow Bowdabra bow wire, then fold it in half and insert into the bow maker. You will have a loop on one side and two loose wires on the other. Now, fold the wires under to keep out of the way while you are making the bow.
- Then fold the orange and black ribbon in half to find the center. Insert into the Bowdabra with the wrong side facing up.
- Now bring the right side of the ribbon over and insert the end into the Bowdabra. Then bring the opposite side of the ribbon over the first and under to insert that end into the Bowdabra. It will look like an X.
- Push the first ribbon loop into the Bowdabra. Then push the second loop into the Bowdabra over the first one.
- Now take the ¼” strips of duct tape ribbon and fold in half to find the center. Insert into the Bowdabra. Now make a loop with the right side of the ribbon first. Then make a matching loop with the other side.
- Repeat step 7 with the second ¼’ duct tape ribbon, so you have two mini bows in the center. Scrunch down with the Bowdabra wand.
Finish your Halloween glowing dog bow
- Now, Insert the two loose wires through the loop and pull tight while the bow is still in the Bowdabra. Then remove the bow from the Bowdabra, turn to the back, separate the wires and tie a knot. Then tie a second knot. After you tie the second knot clip the excess wires.
- To finish, add the elastic attachment. Cut a piece of black felt ¾” x ¾.” Then cut a piece of elastic about 2” long. (You may need to cut a larger or smaller piece of elastic depending upon how wide your pet’s collar is. Lastly, glue the elastic in a loop on the back of the bow. Then, cover where it attaches by gluing the felt on that area. Using this loop you may quickly slide your bow easily on and off your pet’s collar. When primed with light, the center bow will glow with a very Halloween-y greenish hue in the dark.