Make this unique autumn loopy hair bow so quick and easy that you won’t want to stop at one! And using the hair bow tool and ruler it’s so easy to make the loops perfect every time!
Thanksgiving is right around the corner and wouldn’t this autumn loopy hair bow look perfect as you dress for Thanksgiving dinner? There is lots of cute autumn colored printed ribbons in the stores right now and most are even on sale. So this autumn loopy hair bow is very inexpensive to create.
So let’s make the autumn loopy hair bow!
- Gather your supplies. Cut a piece of Bowdabra bow wire 18” long, fold in half and insert into the Bowdabra. You will have a loop on one side and two loose wires on the other.
- Now cut the ribbon 34 inches long and then use a lighter to run lightly over the ends to seal them. My printed ribbon has a wrong and a right side so in this case you will need to twist as you make the loops.
- Next insert the ribbon into the Bowdabra wrong side up. Make a loop at the 2 ½” mark and insert into the Bowdabra. Now twist so that the wrong side is facing up, bring it across and then make a matching loop on the other side. Make sure your loop is facing the right side.
- Now continue making loops and twisting using the ruler to match your loops until you have three loops on each side.
- So now you will use the Bowdabra wand to scrunch down the bow.
- In the next step, insert the two loose wires through the loop and pull tight while the bow is still in the Bowdabra. Finally, remove from the Bowdabra, turn to the back, separate the wires and tie a knot. Fluff out and arrange the loops. And clip the wires short.
- Lastly, Use the glue gun to add a felt motif to the front of the autumn loop hair bow. In the same way add a ribbon covered alligator clip to the back.