The Christmas season is in full swing and you can make a cute Bowdabra bow ornament to add to gifts, cookie exchanges and more! Also you may want to make a few to add to your own tree in colors to match your décor. You can find the crystalized fruit in the local craft stores for pennies!
You attach the bow to the Bowdabra bow ornament right in the Bowdabra so it’s extra quick and easy!
In my town they have a charity event called the festival of trees. Local groups, businesses and private persons decorate a themed tree and people bid on the completely decorated trees. All proceeds go to charity. I can see a tree decorated with a Bowdabra bow ornament on every branch and a large tree top bow on top. Now that would a tree to remember!
Bowdabra bow ornament
- Crystalized fruit ornaments with hanger attached (Mine came in a bag of four for only 97cents!
- Bowdabra mini bow maker with ruler attachment
- Bowdabra bow wire
- 1 ½” sheer wired ribbon in color to match the crystalized fruit
- Three silver or gold beads
- First thread on three beads to the top of the hanger on the crystalized fruit. Next, fold an 18” piece of Bowdabra bow wire in half and thread that through the loop in the top of the fruit with the beads. (See photo)
- Next, insert the folded wire into the Bowdabra with the loop on one side and the two loose wires on the other.
- After you insert the bow wire, cut a piece of 1 ½” sheer wired ribbon 24” long. Then fold it in half to find the center. Next insert it into the Bowdabra.
- To make the bow bring the right end over and under tucking the end into the Bowdabra. Bring the other end of ribbon over the first loop made and under. Tuck that end in as well. It will look like an X.
- So now that you have your ribbon ready, insert the first ribbon into the Bowdabra and then repeat with the second. It will resemble a butterfly with two ribbon loops on each side. Adjust them so that they are fairly even.
- Now, finish by scrunching down with the Bowdabra wand.
Finishing your bow ornament
- Then with the bow still in the Bowdabra, insert the two loose wires through the loop making a slipknot and pull tight.
- Finally remove the bow with the ornament from the Bowdabra, turn to the back and tie a knot. Use the extra bow wire to form a loop at the top for hanging.
- After your bow is complete you can hang it on the tree. Make a loop and tie a knot in the extra bow wire so that you can hang the Bowdabra bow ornament.
Visit Bowdabra designer Crystal at her blog Make it easy crafts for more quick and easy craft tutorials and more.