These grilled spring garden vegetables are sure to be a hit with your diners—and you, too, because they are so easy!!
Ingredients for Grilled Spring Garden Vegetables
- Baby red and yellow peppers
- Small onions
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Arugula leaves
- 2 to 3 chive blossoms
- Chive stems
- Balsamic reduction (recipe below)
- Start the balsamic reduction (recipe below).
- Wash the peppers and dry with a clean kitchen towel or paper towels.
- Skin onions and remove stem and root ends. Cut in slices about 1″ thick.
- Toss peppers and onions in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill.
- While grill is heating, cut chive stems into matchstick lengths, and beak apart the chive blossoms. Wash and dry arugula. Set aside.
- Char grill the peppers and onions.
- Arrange peppers and onions on serving plate. Drizzle with balsamic reduction.
- Garnish with arugula, chive blossoms, and chive stems.
- Serve and modestly accept the oohs and aahs from your diners.
- Measure 1 cup of balsamic vinegar in a saucepan.
- Heat over medium high heat until reduced to ½ cup.
- Reduce heat to medium, and add ¼ cup granulated sugar to the balsamic vinegar. Continue cooking until the sugar is completely incorporated and there is no grainy texture.
Recipe contributed by Seth Lassak, Executive Chef at Wolf’s Ridge Brewing, Columbus, Ohio.