It’s what everyone wants—fresh, healthy, and tasty food. You’ll have it all with this Quinoa Salad.
Ingredients for Fresh and Healthy Quinoa Salad:
- 1 c. quinoa
- 5 radishes
- 1 seedless cucumber
- ½ red onion
- ¼ c. chives
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- ½ head bib lettuce
- ½ shelled sweet peas
- 1 ear of corn
- ¼ c. sliced almonds
- salt and pepper
- ¼ c. olive oil
- Juice and zest of one lime
- Rinse quinoa. Combine with 2 c. water in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over high heat (uncovered) and hold for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low, and cover the pan for 5 minutes. Still covered, remove from heat for an additional 5 minutes.
- Boil ear of corn in water to cover for 5 minutes. Cool.
- Prepare vegetables.
- Wash and thinly slice radishes.
- Dice cucumber.
- Mince red onion.
- Slice chives.
- Chop cherry tomatoes.
- Chop bib lettuce.
- Slice kernels from cooled ear of corn.
- Toast almonds.
- Combine cooled quinoa with prepared vegetables and toasted almonds.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss with olive oil, lime juice, and lime zest.
Enjoy on this healthy, tasty salad for summer treat.
Recipe contributed by Seth Lassak, Executive Chef at Wolf’s Ridge Brewing, Columbus, Ohio.
Come back each week to Bowdabra blog for new recipes, craft tutorials, and video DIY’s!