Kids can use the Bowdabra to make some silly feather pencil toppers for back to school. All the stores are starting to carry back to school supplies like pencils, pads, paper and more. Now is the best time to stock up on school and office supplies.
While you are shopping for school supplies why not pick up some extra pencils and have a craft night with the kids. They will love making their very own personalized silly feather pencil toppers and are sure to share with all their friends.
You need only a few supplies that you may already have on hand or pick up from the dollar store. Quick and easy family fun!
Silly feather pencil toppers
- Begin by cutting an 18″ piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire. Fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Next, place craft boa and feathers into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Fold pipe cleaners in half, swirl the ends, and place them into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Add pencil to the Mini Bowdabra. Place the end of the pencil near the eraser into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Add additional craft boa to cover the pencil.
- Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
- While the pencil is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
Finishing your pencil topper
- Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the pencil and boa are still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the pencil out of the Mini Bowdabra.
- Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the boa and knot.
- Trim away the Bowdabra Bow Wire. Make several different colored silly pencil toppers.
Be sure and stop by Bowdabra blog each week for more fun craft tutorials, DIY video tutorials, and recipes from our team of creative designers.