Watch this video and you can make this adorable ladybug hair bow and holder. They say ladybugs are lucky and what a great little treat for back to school for one “lucky” little girl. The hair bow is so cute and the ladybug acts as the hair bow holder. How sweet it will look on a darling little girls dresser or table! This cute ladybug is just adorable and functional as a Décor piece as well! So let’s get started!
1) First get your rock and paint it red. Let it dry, then paint the face black and the triangle at the bottom where the wings are divided. Now, paint a line down the center of the rock. Let this dry and then use the white paint to paint the eyes.
2) Once the white paint has dried, use the black paint for the dots of the eyes.
3) For the next step, add the back crystals on the red part for the dots on the back of the ladybug.
4) Take your mini Bowdabra, fold your 12″ Black Eyelash Silk in half and place in the Mini Bowdabra.
5) Next, dove tail your 1.5″ x 4″ Black Sheer Ribbon and lay in it the Mini Bowdabra.
6) Then, fold the 8″ Red Eyelash Silk into the Mini Bowdabra
7) Now fold the 1.5″ x 9″ Red/White Polka Dot Wired Ribbon, as seen in the video. Then fold the leftover black eyelash silk on top of the ribbon.
8) To finish your ladybug hair bow, tie off the bow using the slipknot method. Be sure and tie it tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra. Then, pull it out of the Bowdabra and tie and knot.
9) Tie the silk around the hair clip and then for extra strength, use a glue gun to add a bit of glue. Make sure the clip is open so you only glue the back of the clip to the bow. Cut the excess eyelash silk.
10) Add two red gemstones to the top of the bow. Take the ponytail holder and clip the hair bow onto it. And Finish with the rest of the black gemstones if you haven’t already done so.
11) Use the ponytail holder to attach the hair bow onto the rock, and Voila!!! You have an adorable ladybug hair bow and holder!!
This sweet ladybug hair bow and holder makes a wonderful gift for any girl who loves hair bows, or as a back to school treat.
Thanks for watching the video!! Please subscribe to our YouTube channel!
And check out other videos and projects at Bowdabra blog today!