Transform an ordinary Halloween banner into a great display home decor display piece. Jazz up a Halloween banner with colorful bows.
Supplies for Making Bow to Jazzing Up a Halloween Banner
For each bow, you will need:
- Five-inch length each of 3/8″ green and purple glitter ribbon
- 5″ length 5/8″ orange glitter ribbon
- 6″ x 6″ square orange glitter tulle
- 6″ x 6″ square purple glitter tulle
- 12″ length Bowdabra bow wire
- Mini Bowdabra
- Paper Quilt Project Squares or 8″ x 8″ pieces chipboard
- Pattern for banner letters
Instruction for Making Halloween Banner
- Download pattern for banner letters.
- Apply letters to project squares.
Instruction for Making Bow to Jazz Up a Halloween Banner
- Cut your bow wire, tulle, and ribbon for each bow. Quickly pass the ribbon ends through a flame to seal the ends.
- Fold bow wire in half and place in the Mini Bowdabra. Tuck the ends under the Mini Bowdabra so they are out of your way.
- Scrunch each piece of glitter tulle into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Layer the ribbon in the Mini Bowdabra, placing the widest ribbon first.
- Compress the tulle and ribbons with the Mini Bowdabra wand.
- With the bow still in place in the Mini Bowdabra, pass the wire ends through the loop and tighten securely.
- Bring the wire ends to the back of the bow and tight in a secure knot. Leave the wire ends long to use in attaching the bows to the banner.
- Decide how many bows you will need. I made one to go between each banner tile and one for each end.
- Add the bows to your banner using the bow wire tails.
Would you like more fun Halloween project ideas? Check out this twig broom door decor!
How to make an easy bow with one-sided printed ribbon.
Make Wine Glass Decorations & Tags for Your Birthday Party
Video DIY to make this stunning floral arrangement
Easy Christmas Wreath with Bowdabra Bow
How to beautifully decorate a fall basket with Bowdabra
How to create a Fourth of July Centerpiece with Bowdabra