When guests visit I try to make their stay as comfortable as possible. One way I do this is by providing amenities arranged in a guest room basket—and of course, it’s adorned with a gorgeous bow. This guest room basket is a wonderful and thoughtful decor item. Some of the items I include are individual soaps, sample size lotions, shampoos, toothpaste, floss, toothbrush, eye mask, chocolates, a bottle of water, etc. This is a super idea for Thanksgiving and the upcoming Christmas holidays.
Supplies for Bow for Guest Room Basket
Instructions for Making Bow for Guest Room Basket
- Cut ribbons to appropriate lengths, and quickly pass the ribbon ends through a flame to seal the ends. Cut dovetail ends by folding the ribbon in half lengthwise and cutting away the tip at an angle.
- Fold the Bowdabra bow wire in half and place in the Mini Bowdabra. You can tuck the ends under the Mini Bowdabra so they are out of the way.
- Place the sheer wired ribbon in the Mini Bowdabra, leaving a 3½” tail. Continue to make a bow with three loops on each side, ending with a 3½” tail.
- Place the satin ribbon in the Mini Bowdabra, leaving a 3″ tail. Continue to make a bow with four loops on each side that are slightly smaller than the loops of the sheer ribbon, ending with a 3″ tail.
- Compress the ribbons in the Mini Bowdabra with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
- With the ribbons still in the Mini Bowdabra, pass the ends of the bow wire through the loop, and tighten.
- Tie the wire with a secure knot on the reverse side of the bow. Leave the wire ends long to attach the bow to guest room basket.
- Fluff bow, and glue on the focal bead.
And for the non-adult guests why not let the kids join in and make this Thankful jar craft. It will be so much fun to read all the reasons for being thankful this year. And it may even become a family tradition.
Stay in touch with me on Facebook, Create & Craft, and Pinterest.
Tags: amenities, Carole Lassak, Christmas, Christmas Craft Ideas, Guest groom basket, guest room, guests, Holidays, home decor, how to make, how to make a bow, Thanksgiving