Show your holiday spirit with this quick and easy holiday headband. It’s the perfect gift for any young girls on your gift list.
Supplies for the Holiday Headband
- 1 headband
- Two 5″ lengths of 5/8″ glitter ribbon
- One 5″ length of 5/8″ patterned ribbon
- 36″ length of 5/8″ patterned ribbon
- 28″ length of 5/8″ glitter ribbon
- 2 jingle bells (optional)
- Strong liquid adhesive such as E6000
- Hot glue
- 15″ length Bowdabra bow wire
- Mini Bowdabra
Instructions for Making the Easy Holiday Headband
- Cut ribbons into appropriate lengths, and quickly pass the ribbon ends through a flame to seal the ends. Cut dovetail ends on all of the 5″ lengths by folding the ribbon in half lengthwise and cutting away the tip at an angle.
- Fold the Bowdabra bow wire in half and place in the Bowdabra. You can tuck the ends under the Bowdabra so they are out of the way.
- Place the 5″ lengths of glitter ribbon in the Mini Bowdabra, then add the 5″ length of patterned ribbon.
- Make a fold-and-twist bow with the 36″ length of patterned ribbon with five loops on each side of the Mini Bowdabra.
- Compress the ribbons in the Mini Bowdabra with the Mini Bowdabra wand.
- With the ribbons still in the Bowdabra, pass the ends of the bow wire through the loop, and tighten.
- Tie a secure knot on the reverse side of the bow. Leave the wire end long to attach the jingle bells.
- Attached one jingle bell to each end of the bow wire. Slide the bells to the center of the bow. Securely tie the wire ends. Bring the wire ends to the back of the bow, trim them to 1/4″, and flatten against the bow.
- Fluff the bow and set aside.
- Wrap the headband with the 28″ length of glitter ribbon. Glue the end of the ribbon to one end of the headband with strong adhesive, and clamp in place. Wrap the ribbon ribbon around the entire length of the headband, securing the final end with strong adhesive. (Note: I used a 3/8″ wide headband. If your headband is wider, you may need a longer length of ribbon to cover the headband.)
Finishing your Holiday Headband
- Hot glue the finished bow to the headband.
Need some more ideas for fantastic headbands with Bowdabra check out these posts!
How to Create Charming Photos with Easy Spring Pet Bows
How to make a cool back to school ponytail holder
How to create a quick and easy Fall Wreath
Christmas Gift Wrapping Bowdabra Spiky Bow
Video how to easily make an Amazing Bowdabra ribbon Ring
How to make a beautiful Bowdabra Decorated Fall Flower Pot