If you are looking to make something that will wow everyone and doesn’t cost a lot then head to your local Dollar store. Pick up the minimal supplies and make the cutest Mardi Gras party hat!
This Mardi Gras party hat is perfect for celebrating! And you can make enough for the whole party. For less than $5!!
Mardi Gras party hat
- First, gather your supplies. Use glue dots or hot glue to attach the sparkle ribbon all around the hat. Add two alligator hair clips on the underside of the brim with some more glue. Set the hat aside while you make your bow.
Make the bow
- Next, cut a piece of Bowdabra bow wire 18 inches long. Fold it in half and place in the Bowdabra. You will have a loop on one side and two loose wires on the other. (This will be your slip knot)
- Now make your bow. Cut a piece of 5/8” yellow grosgrain ribbon. Run a lighter on the ends to seal. (You may use clear nail polish alternately) Then fold in half to find the center. Insert the ribbon into the Bowdabra in the center.
- Then, bring one end around and under and insert into the Bowdabra leaving about a 2-inch tail. Bring the other end across the first one and twist the tail before you insert it into the Bowdabra so that it is facing the right direction.
- You will have what looks like an X on the top. Now insert the top (X) pieces into the bowdabra with the bottom one first. You now have a perfect bow. Scrunch down with the Bowdabra wand.
- Cut two five inch pieces of Mardi Gras beads and insert them into the Bowdabra.
- Scrunch down with the Bowdabra wand.
- Finally, inert the two loose wires through the loop and pull tight while the Bow is still in the Bowdabra. Remove from the Bowdabra, turn to the back and tie a knot. Cut the wires short.
- To finish attach the bow to the side of the Mardi Gras party hat with some hot glue. Add a feather to the hat with some more glue.
Visit today’s designer Crystal at Make it easy crafts, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter
We’d love your comments and please visit Bowdabra blog often for more tutorials like this one!