Fresh ingredients combine with the rich flavors of sesame and ginger to make this Asian Cabbage Slaw a sure hit. Oh, and did I mention that it’s healthy as well as tasty!?
Ingredients for Asian Cabbage Slaw
- ½ head red cabbage
- ½ head green cabbage
- 1 large (or 2 medium) carrots
- 4 stalks celery
- ½ yellow onion
- One c. red and orange cherry tomatoes
- 1 c. red seedless grapes
- 1 c. roasted, salted almonds
- ¼ c. black sesame seeds
Ingredients for the Slaw Dressing
- 1 c. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ c. balsamic vinegar
- 4 T. soy sauce
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 4 T. honey
- 4 T. fresh ginger
- 2 t. toasted sesame oil
- Wash all fresh vegetables.
- Shred cabbages.
- Julienne carrots.
- Thinly slice celery rings.
- Slice tomatoes and grapes in half.
- Finely dice onion.
- Combine vegetables, almonds and sesame seeds.
- Pour dressing over all, and toss.
Recipe contributed by Seth Lassak, Executive Chef at Wolf’s Ridge Brewing, Columbus, Ohio.
Try this additional recipe by Seth Lassak for a great tasty and colorful fruit plate for the end of your meal.