On Mother’s Day, the kids usually want to make her a breakfast treat. With a little help from Dad, they easily can make these extra special Breaksfast/Brunch hash brown egg nests. Mom will enjoy her breakfast in a bit on her special day.
Karyl from Karyl’s kulinary krusade is sharing her tasty hash brown egg nests recipe. Please visit karyl at her blog and see more recipes, restaurant reviews and more!
Hash Brown Egg Nests Recipe
Course: Main Course
- 1 bag shredded potatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 12 medium eggs
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- cooking spray
- Cook bacon, and drain on paper towels. Break bacon into small pieces and set aside.
- Combine shredded potatoes and Parmesan. Season with salt & pepper
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray. Add potato mixture to each cup, pressing firmly so mixture creates a nest. Make sure that some mixture spills over the top
- Bake potato mixture in 425-degree oven for 15 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes
- Crack eggs into each nest, being careful to not break the yolk. Season with salt & pepper, to taste. Top with bacon, red bell pepper, and parsley
- Return muffin pan to oven, and bake in 350-degree oven for about 10 minutes, until eggs are set. You may need to adjust baking time, for more soft or firm egg yolks
- When cool enough to handle, carefully remove egg nests. Use a flexible spatula to help, so they come out in one piece
- Serve and enjoy!