Spring and summer are the seasons for weddings, and this darling flower girl garland headpiece is sure to be a hit. It ties in place, so it adjusts to any head size.
Supplies for Flower Girl Garland Headpiece
- 14″ length 1½” ribbon (white)
- Two 18″ lengths 3/8″ grosgrain (yellow)
- Two 18″ lengths 3/8″ grosgrain (green)
- Silk flower stem with leaves
- Mini Bowdabra
Additionally, for each bow on the headpiece you will need:
- One piece to tulle 4″ x 8″ (white)
- One 9″ length 3/8″ satin ribbon (yellow)
- One 9″ length 1/8″ satin ribbon (green)
- One 16″ length 1/8″ satin ribbon (yellow
- One 15″ length strong cord
Instructions for Bows on Flower Girl Garland Headpiece
- Cut ribbons to length and quickly pass the cut ends through a flame to seal the edges and prevent fraying and raveling.
- Fold the cord in half and place in the Bowdabra.
- Fold the piece of tulle in half so it measure 4″ x 4″. Scrunch the tulle into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Make a three-loop bow with the 3/8″ yellow satin ribbon. Next, make a single loop bow with the 1/8″ green satin ribbon. Finish with a two-loop bow made with the 1/8″ yellow satin ribbon.
- Compress the ribbons in the Mini Bowdabra with the Mini Bowdabra wand.
- With the ribbons still in the Mini Bowdabra, pass the ends of the cord through the loop, and tighten.
- Tie a secure knot on the reverse side of the bow. Trim the cord ends, leaving about ½” tails.
- Fluff the bow and distribute the loops.
Instructions for Assembling the Flower Girl Garland Headpiece
- Sew the 18″ lengths of grosgrain ribbon to the ends of the headpiece ribbon.
- Remove individual flowers and leaves from the silk flower stem.
- Hot glue a flower to the center of each bow.
- Beginning it the center of the headpiece ribbon, hot glue leaves in place. Next, hot glue a bow on top of the set of leaves. Repeat with remaining bows, spacing them equally along the headpiece ribbon.
- Nestle additional flowers between bows and hot glue in place.
- Tie in place and watch the cutest member of the wedding party!!