You say tabouli. I say tabbouleh. No matter how you say it, this is the best ever tabouli salad recipe—marvelously fresh and tasty. Perfect for incorporating your summer garden produce.
Ingredients for the Best Ever Tabouli Salad
- 1 cup bulgar
- 1¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine 1¼ c. water, 1 t. olive oil, and 1 t. salt. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and stir in 1 c. dry bulgar. Cover and steep until liquid has been absorbed.
- While the bulgar is steeping, chop tomatoes, and chiffonade parsley. To chiffonade the parsley, stack the leaves on top of one another; roll into a cigar; cut into fine slivers. Chill the tomatoes and parsley.
- Juice the lemons, and whisk together 1/3 c. juice and 1 T. olive oil.
- Toss the bulgar, tomatoes, and parsley.
- Drizzle lemon juice dressing over mixture. Toss.
- Add chiffonade mint leaves along with parsley.
- Substitute all or part of the lemon juice with fresh lime juice.
- Add finely minced garlic and/or onion to taste.
- In place of the bulgar, use quinoa or couscous.
Recipe contributed by Seth Lassak, Executive Chef at Wolf’s Ridge Brewing, Columbus, Ohio.