Did you know that you could make your own restaurant-style baked tortilla chips quickly and easily? Well, this week we are featuring guest blogger Karyl from Karyl’s Kulinary Krusade with her recipe for baked tortilla chips.
When you feel like snacking why not make a better for you version of your favorite snack? Be sure and visit Karyl at her blog and learn more about her recipes and restaurant reviews.
Baked Tortilla Chips
Keyword: Baked Tortilla Chips, Corn Tortillas, Tortilla Chips
Servings: 4 people
- 6 White or yellow corn tortillas
- Avocado oil spray
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut tortilla into wedges. I cut mine into eights. Lay individual wedges on baking sheet. Spray one side of tortilla wedges; flip, and spray the other side. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
- Bake in the oven for 8-12 minutes. Check after 8 minutes. Don’t overcook, or they will burn!
- Remove baking sheet from the oven as soon as tortilla chips are done. Carefully transfer tortilla chips to a serving bowl. You may need to use tongs to do this, as the chips will still be really warm. Sprinkle lightly again with sea salt, if desired.
Store leftover chips in a plastic zip bag. They will stay fresh for about 3 days