It’s only 6 months until Christmas! Trust me if you don’t start on making your gifts now you will run out of time. And the lazy days of summer is the perfect time to work on these Christmas gift hair bows. They are the perfect gift for any girl or woman on your list.
You can use the Christmas gift hair bows with alligator clips or just add a pin back for a lovely holiday lapel pin. You can make them so quickly you will want to make several and when the holiday rolls around you won’t have to rush!
Updated July 2018
Christmas gift hair bows
26.5” 3/8” wide red grosgrain ribbon
22” 5/8” wide white grosgrain ribbon
10” 1.5” wide white grosgrain ribbon
Baby rickrack or thin width ribbon
Holiday charm or mini wreath
Hot glue gun
- Begin by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Next, cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Cut 10″ of 1.5″ wide white grosgrain ribbon and place the end into the Mini Bowdabra towers.
- Fold the other end over and place it into the Mini Bowdabra, as well.
- Press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra at the 2″ mark to form a 4″ wide bow.
- Cut 22″ of 5/8″ wide white grosgrain ribbon, fold it in half to create a crease. At the crease mark press it into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Fold the ends over and into the Mini Bowdabra to form an “X”.
- Twist the ribbon and press it into the Mini Bowdabra to create 4 pointed loops at the 2″ mark (4″ wide bow).
- Cut 26.5″ of 3/8″ wide red grosgrain ribbon, fold it in half to create a crease. At the crease mark press it into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Fold the ribbon to form loops at the 1.5″ mark. Form a total of 6 loops and dovetail the tails. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
Finishing your hair bow
- While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction. Fluff the bow.
Cover the Bowdabra Bow Wire with rickrack using the hot glue gun. Follow the instructions to make a matching bow. Optionally add a holiday charm like the wreath that I hot glued onto the center of the bow. Give the matching pair as a gift.