Hello and welcome to wedding week here on the Bowdabra blog! Today I am sharing sachets made from vintage linens and tied with a rustic bow & button created on the large Bowdabra (the mini Bowdabra will also work for this project!)
Bowdabra sachets from vintage linens
These sachets would make such wonderful gifts for your bridal party or even favors for a bridal shower. There is just something about a vintage handkerchief with lace and embroidery that embodies the love and romance of weddings!
Here is what I used:
- First, cut a piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire to 22″, fold in half, place across the Bowdabra and tuck the ends underneath the unit on both sides to keep them out of your way
- Starting with the widest ribbon, pinch and tuck into the Bowdabra, make your loop and layer back and forth this until you create 4 bow loops
- Next, make a single loop with twisted rope trim
- Loop and layer your thin ribbon
- Tamp down with the Bowdabra wand
- Pull your Bow Wire from underneath the unit, thread cut ends through looped end and pull tight, tie
- Bring the wire ends to the front of bow and thread through button shank, pull tight, and knot in the back of bow – set bow aside
- Place desired amount of potpourri in center of the handkerchief, gather up corners, use the long ends of Bowdabra Bow Wire on your bow to tie off handkerchief – bring ends to front and knot again, trim excess
Scour your local thrift stores, flea markets and yard sales for beautiful handkerchiefs. Embroidery samplers also make charming sachets – just cut to size
Thanks for stopping by the blog – have a creative day!
2 thoughts on “How to Make Sweet and Sentimental Sachets from Vintage Linens”