Double the fun with this side-by-side double Valentine hair bow. Make one for your favorite Valentine, but this hair bow is so adorable you will, however, want to make several.
Supplies for the Double Valentine Hair Bow
Instructions for Making the Double Valentine Hair Bow
- First, cut 1½” ribbon into two 5″ and two 8½” lengths. Cut 5/8″ ribbon into two 3″ and two 6″ lengths.
- Then, dovetail the ends of the 3″ and 5″ lengths of ribbon by folding the ribbon in half and cutting the end at an angle. Quickly pass the ribbon ends through a flame to seal.
- Next, place the ruler on the Mini Bowdabra.
- Now, fold one length of bow wire in half and put in the Bowdabra. Then, tuck the ends of the wire under the Bowdabra to keep them out of the way.
- Center on of the 5″ lengths of ribbon in the Mini Bowdabra. Then, use the ruler tool to be sure the piece is accurately centered.
- Next, put the end of one of the 8½” lengths of ribbon in the Mini Bowdabra.
- Now, bring the ribbon up and over the Mini Bowdabra. Then, place the second end in the Mini Bowdabra.
- Then, press the center of the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Place the 3″ length of ribbon in the Mini Bowdabra.
- Form a loop with the 6″ length of ribbon as in Steps 7 and 8.
- Finally, compress the ribbons with the Mini Bowdabra wand.
- And, with the ribbon still in the Mini Bowdabra, pass the wire ends through the loop and tighten. Finally, tie a secure knot. Then, remove the bow from the Mini Bowdabra, and bring the wire ends to the back of the bow and tie a second secure knot. Lastly, leave the wire end long.
- Repeat Steps 4 through 12 with the second set of ribbons.
- Hold the bows with one above the other. Using one set of the wire ends wrap one wire clockwise around the center of both the bows and the other wire end counterclockwise to bind the two bows together. End the wraps on the reverse side of the bow and tie a secure knot. Trim the wire ends to ~3/8″.
- Then, wrap the 3″ length of ¼” ribbon around the center of the bows, and use hot glue to secure the ribbon in place.
- Finally, hot glue hair clip to the reverse side of the double Valentine bow.
- Hot glue the glitter heart in place. The heart can be cut from glitter vinyl, HTV, glitter cardstock, however, anything that is glittery and firm is perfect.
Lastly, Bowdabra invites everyone to join Bowdabra creator, Sandy Sandler for Facebook live on Mondays at 4:00 p.m. PST, 7:00 p.m. EST. And, in addition, each week one lucky viewer will win a surprise gift.
Also, don’t forget that Bowdabra blog, in addition to the Bowdabra app you will find tons of DIY tutorials and videos right at your fingertips!