It’s not to late to show your Irish spirit with this St. Patrick’s Day Banner. There are options for making the banner, but the gorgeous bows made with the Bowdabra bow tool kicks it up a notch.
Supplies for the St. Patrick’s Day Banner
Instruction for Making the St. Patrick’s Day Banner Bows
- Dovetail the ends of the 1½” grosgrain ribbon. Fold the ribbon in half and cut on an angle. Cut the ends of the remaining ribbons on a single angle. Quickly pass the ribbon ends through a flame to seal.
- Fold the bow wire in half and put in the Bowdabra. Tuck the ends of the wire under the Bowdabra to keep them out of the way.
- Place one length of the 1½” ribbon in the Bowdabra, leaving about a 6″ tail.
- Make a four-loop bow, finishing with another 6″ tail.
- Add three of the lengths of glitter ribbon centering each length in the Bowdabra.
- Make a four-loop bow with one of the 21″ lengths of ¼” satin ribbon.
- Compress the ribbons with the Bowdabra wand.
- With the ribbons still in the Bowdabra, pass the wire ends through the loop and tighten.
- Tie a secure knot. Remove the bow from the Bowdabra, bring the wire ends to the back side of the bow, and tie a second knot. Leave the wire ends long to attach the bow to the banner.
- Repeat Steps 2 through 9 for the second bow.
Instruction for Making the St. Patrick’s Day Banner
- Select the material for your St. Patrick’s Day banner. The banner can be made from cardstock, fabric, craft foam, foamboard, etc.
- Use the included banner pattern to cut six banner flags.
- Add the letters to four of the flags. Letters can be made from cardstock, patterned paper, fabric, free hand drawn, etc. Add St. Patrick’s Day inspired graphics to the remaining two banner flags.
- Pierce a small hole in the upper corners of the banner flags.
- Weave the 32″ length of ¼” sating ribbon through the holes to create the banner. Leave 8″ to 10″ tails at the beginning and end of the banner.
- Thread on of the wire ends from one of the bows through one of the end holes. Tie a knot in the bow wire to attach the bow to the banner. Repeat on the opposite end of the banner.
Enjoy your St. Patrick’s Day banner!!