When you have a party, at any time of the year, it’s fun to get your friends and family involved. And what better way than to set up a maker station so that everyone can identify his or her wine glass with these fun wine glass bows.
Just pre-cut ribbon scraps in a variety of colors to match your theme. Then, have the party guests make their own wine glass bows. The bonus is that they each get a bow as a favor to take home!
Updated July 2019
Make your own wine glass bows
- To make a wine glass bow tag begin by cutting 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and folding it in half. Place the Bowdabra Bow Wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Next, cut several strands of ribbon to create your tags. Cut three pieces of scrap ribbon 5” in length. Dovetail all three pieces of ribbon. To dovetail both ends: fold the ribbon in half lengthwise. Position your scissors at the folded edge of the ribbon and cut the end at a 45-degree angle.
- Fold each ribbon in half to create a crease. At crease press each ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
- Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
- Use the Bowdabra Bow Wire tie the wine glass tag to the stem of the glass.
- Invite guests to make their own wine glass tags. Cut an assortment of different colored ribbons so that each tag is unique.
Wouldn’t this be a fun party activity? This will be great for any summer, fall, winter, or spring parties. Just change up the ribbons to fit the party theme. We’d love to hear your comments and suggestions!