School spirit displays don’t have to be limited to pompoms and hair bows. Let’s make a wreath to show your school spirit.
Supplies for a School Spirit Wreath
- 24″ length Bowdabra Bow Wire
- 20″ and 48″ lengths 1½” satin ribbon
- One 18″ and three 15″ lengths 7/8″ patterned grosgrain ribbon
- Three 8″ lengths 3/8″ patterned grosgrain ribbon
- School patch or other school-related embellishment
- Hot glue or strong liquid adhesive
- Bowdabra Bow Making & Design Tool
Instructions for Making a School Spirit Wreath
Note: Select ribbons in your school colors.
- Cut ribbons to appropriate lengths. Dovetail the ends of the 1½” and 7/8″ ribbons by folding the ribbon in half and cutting the fold on an angle. Quickly pass the ribbon ends through a flame to seal.
- Fold the bow wire in half and put in the Bowdabra. Tuck the ends of the wire under the Bowdabra to keep them out of the way.
- Center the 20″ length of satin ribbon in the Bowdabra.
- Center the 18″ length of 7/8″ patterned ribbon in the Bowdabra on top of the sating ribbon.
- Make a six-loop fold bow with the 48″ length of satin ribbon.
- Place the end of one of the 15″ lengths of 7/8″ patterned ribbon face down in the Bowdabra. Bring the other end over the Bowdabra pillar and place face down in the Bowdabra. Press the center of the ribbon loop into the Bowdabra. Repeat with the remaining two 15″ lengths of 7/8″ patterned ribbon.
- Lay the three 8″ spikes of 3/8″ patterned ribbon in the Bowdabra.
- Compress the ribbons with the Bowdabra wand.
- With the ribbons still in the Bowdabra, pass the wire ends through the loop and tighten.
- With the ribbons still in the Bowdabra, tie a secure knot.
- Remove the bow from the Bowdabra, bring the wire ends to the back side of the bow, and tie a secure knot. Leave the wire ends long for attaching the bow to the wreath.
- Use hot glue or strong liquid adhesive to secure the school spirit embellishment to center of the bow.
- Make final adjustments to the bow loops and fluffy the bow.
- Attach the bow to the wreath using the ends of the bow wire.Proudly display your school spirit wreath.