Gifts presented in boxes are easy to wrap, but what about those odd shaped items? How do you wrap those without it looking like a first grader did the wrapping. The often overlooked plain, brown paper bag to the rescue.
There are many advantages to using a paper bag as a gift wrap:
- They come in a variety of sizes.
- Larger bags can be cut down to make smaller bags.
- They are readily available, and many times free.
- Reusing a paper bag is good for the environment.
A Bowdabra bow can make any gift wrapping spectacular—especially a brown paper bag.
Supplies for a Spectacular Gift Wrap
- 18″ length 3″ wide holiday ribbon
- 84″ length 3″ wide holiday ribbon
- 18″ length Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Bowdabra Bow Maker and Design Tool
- Brown paper bag
Instructions for Bow
- Cut ribbons to appropriate lengths. Dovetail or cut points on the ends by folding the ribbon in half and cutting the fold on an angle. Quickly pass the ribbon ends through a flame to seal.
- Fold the bow wire in half and put in the Bowdabra. Tuck the ends of the wire under the Bowdabra to keep them out of the way.
- Center 18″ length ribbon in the Bowdabra.
- Make a five-loop fold bow with the 84″ length of ribbon.
- Compress the ribbons with the Bowdabra wand.
- With the ribbons still in the Bowdabra, pass the wire ends through the loop and tighten, then tie a secure knot.
- Remove the bow from the Bowdabra, bring the wire ends to the back side of the bow, and tie a secure knot. Leave the wire ends long for attaching the bow to the gift bag.
- Make final adjustments to the bow loops and fluffy the bow.
Prepare the Brown Paper Gift Bag
- Fold down a cuff on the top of the bag.
- With the cuff folded in place, pierce two hole near the top edge for attaching the bow.
- Thread an end of bow wire through each hole and tie.