There’s always the time when you need just one more gift. These coin crackers—decorated rolls of coins—are the perfect last minute gift. Money—in any amount—is always a welcome gift. There are several advantage with a money gift. It’s always the right color. One size fits all. Coin crackers are a festive way to present a money gift.
Supplies for Making Coin Crackers
- Two 40″ lengths of twine
- Two 18″ length Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Mini Bowdabra
- Roll of coins
- Decorative paper or gift wrap
Making the Coin Cracker Bow
- Fold the bow wire in half and put in the Mini Bowdabra. Tuck the ends of the wire under the Mini Bowdabra to keep them out of the way.
- Make a ten to twelve-loop bow with one of the 40″ lengths of twine.
- Compress the twine in the Mini Bowdabra with the wand.
- With the twine bow still in the Mini Bowdabra, pass the wire ends through the loop and tighten, then tie a secure knot.
- Remove the bow from the Mini Bowdabra, bring the wire ends to the back side of the bow, and tie a secure knot. Leave the wire ends long for attaching the bow to one end of the coin cracker gift.
- Follow step 1 through 5 to make a second twine bow.
Making the Coin Cracker Last Minute Gift
- Cut a 12″ length of decorative paper 4″ to 5″ wider than the roll of coins. Center the roll of coins along the width of the paper. Wrap the paper tightly around the roll of coins. Secure with tape.
- Fringe the ends of the coin cracker, cutting through all layers leaving a ¼” uncut margin near the roll of coins.
- Using the bow wires, tie a twine bow to each end of the cracker gift.
- Trim the wires. Alternatively, trim only the wires at one end of the cracker, and use the wires at the opposite end to form a hanging loop.