Chase away the winter dreariness with a fabulous winter hair bow.
Supplies for the Winter Hair Bow
- 44″ length patterned 1½” satin ribbon
- 1 elastic hair tie
- 2″ length rhinestone ribbon
- Hot glue or strong liquid adhesive
- 18″ length Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Mini Bowdabra Hair Bow Tool and Ruler Kit
Instructions for Making the Hair Bow
- Cut the ribbon into 16″ and 28 lengths. Dovetail the ribbon ends by folding the ribbon in half and cutting on an angle.Quickly pass the ribbon ends through a flame to seal.
- Fold the bow wire in half and put in the Mini Bowdabra. Tuck the ends of the wire under the Mini Bowdabra to keep them out of the way.
- Slide the elastic hair tie over one pillar of the Mini Bowdabra.
- Center 16″ length ribbon in the Mini Bowdabra.
- Make a two-loop fold and twist bow with the remaining 28″ length of ribbon.
- With the ribbons and hair tie in the Mini Bowdabra, pass the ends of the bow wire up through the hair tie.
- With the ribbons and hair tie still in the Mini Bowdabra, pass the wire ends through the loop, tighten, then tie a secure knot.
- Remove the winter hair bow from the Mini Bowdabra, bring the wire ends to the back side of the bow, and tie a secure knot. Trim the wire ends to about ½”.
- Using hot glue or strong liquid adhesive wrap the rhinestone ribbon around the center of the bow, securing in place on the back side of the bow.
- Make any final adjustments to the bow, and brighten your day with a new hair accessory.