Over-sized hair bows are all the rage right now with the ‘tween crowd. In fact the large bow is an elegant fashion statement. With the Mini Bowdabra it is easy to make a big hair bow.
Supplies for the Big Hair Bow
Instructions for Making the Hair Bow
- To begin, cut the ribbon to length. Cut an angle on one end of one of the 10″ lengths. Quickly pass the ribbon ends through a flame since it will seal the ribbon.
- Next, fold the bow wire in half and put in the Mini Bowdabra. Then, tuck the ends of the wire under the Mini Bowdabra to keep them out of the way.
- Then, layer one end of each length of ribbon in the Mini Bowdabra with the ribbon face down. Begin with a length of ribbon at the top right, move to the top left, bottom left, and finally, bottom right. The bottom right ribbon is the length with the angle cut, and the flat end goes in the Mini Bowdabra now.
- Next, insert the remaining ribbon ends in the Mini Bowdabra in order—top right, bottom left, top left, and last, bottom right.
- Then, compress the ribbons in the Mini Bowdabra.
- With the ribbons still in the Mini Bowdabra, pass the wire ends through the loop, tighten, then tie a secure knot.
- Bring the wire ends to the back of the bow and tie a secure knot. In addition leave the wire end uncut for now.
- With the 3/8″ ribbon tie a loose, single knot in the center.
- Then, use hot glue to glue the accent knot in place on the center front of the hair bow.
- Then, bring one end of the accent ribbon to the back of the bow, and glue in place.
- To finish your hair bow, glue a covered hair clip in place on the back of the bow.
- Next, open the hair clip and pass the other end of the accent ribbon through the clip. Then, glue the end of the ribbon in place.
- On the other hand, you can glue rhinestones or a small charm to the angled end of the ribbon length.
- Finally, enjoy your big hair bow!!
In conclusion, be sure and join Sandy Sandler each Monday at 7:00 p.m. PST, 6:00 p.m. MST, 5:00 p.m. CST, and 4:00 p.m. EST for Facebook live., Furthermore, as well as the amazing projects Sandy will demonstrate, one lucky viewer will receive a surprise gift! You could be our next winner!