Mardi Gras is a holiday filled with color and excitement. Anything goes during Mardi Gras—from the outrageous to the spectacular. Join the festivities and dress up a door wreath with a fun Mardi Gras bow.
Supplies for the Mardi Gras Bow
- Three 48″ lengths Mardi Gras garland (available at Dollar Tree)
- 24″ length Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Fleur de lis pattern
- Hot glue
- Bowdabra Bow Making & Design Tool
Instructions for Making the Mardi Gras Bow
- Fold the bow wire in half and put in the Bowdabra. Tuck the ends of the wire under the Bowdabra to keep them out of the way.
- Group the three strands of garland and put the ends in the Bowdabra.
- Make a loop with all three garland strands.
- Make a second loop on the opposite side of the Bowdabra. Then, make two slightly smaller loops, one on each side of the Bowdabra—four loops in all.
- With the garlands still in the Bowdabra, pass the wire ends through the loop, tighten, then tie a secure knot.
- Bring the wire ends to the back of the bow and tie a secure knot. Leave the wire ends uncut for attaching the bow to the wreath.
- Separate the garland loops and fluff the bow.
- Cut the fleur de lis pattern from cardstock, glitter paper, or patterned paper. Hot glue the fleur de lis to the center of the bow.
- Use the long wire tails to attach the bow to the wreath.