There is the promise of spring in the air, and with spring comes all the beautiful flowers. Take advantage of those blooms and pair them with gorgeous ribbons for spring bow with fresh flowers.
Supplies for Spring Bow with Fresh Flowers
- 24″ length 2½” wired ribbon
- 60″ length 2½” wired ribbon
- 20″ length 1½” wired ribbon
- 60″ length 1½” wired ribbon
- 18″ length 5/8″ grosgrain ribbon
- 60″ length 5/8″ grosgrain ribbon
- 15″ length 5/8″ grosgrain ribbon
- Two 24″ lengths Bowdabra Bow Wire
- One small plastic bottle for a vase
- Hot glue
- Bowdabra Bow Making & Design Tool
Instructions for Spring Bow with Fresh Flowers
- Cut ribbons to appropriate lengths, and dovetail ends. Quickly pass the ribbon ends through a flame since it will seal the ribbon.
- Fold the bow wire in half and put in the Bowdabra. Tuck the ends of the wire under the Bowdabra to keep them out of the way.
- Layer the 24″, 20″, and 18″ lengths of ribbon in the Bowdabra with the widest ribbon on the bottom.
- Make a fold bow with the 60″ length of the 2½” wide ribbon.
- Compress the ribbons with the Bowdabra wand.
- With the ribbons still in the Bowdabra, pass the wire ends through the loop, tighten, then tie a secure knot.
- Bring the wire ends to the back of the bow and tie a secure knot. Leave the wire ends uncut.
- Make a second bow starting with the 60″ length of the 1½” ribbon. Note: I made a fold and twist bow, since my ribbon was patterned on one side only.
- Add the 60″ length of grosgrain ribbon to make a fold bow.
- Compress the ribbons with the Bowdabra wand. Then, follow Step 6 and 7 to secure the bow.
- Fluff each bow and arrange individual loops.
- Cover the plastic bottle with the 15″ length of grosgrain ribbon.
- Hot glue the covered bottle to the front of the first bow.
- Bring the wire ends to the front and tie securely to reinforce the bottle/base. Bring the wire ends to the back of the bow, tie, and cut.
- Attach the second bow on top of the first bow and bottle/vase using its wire ends.
- Attach the bow to the wreath. Add water and fresh flowers to the vase.