Mermaid themed items continue to be hot items in accessories for girls! Shelly with you today sharing an easy sequined mermaid bow using trim from LA Ribbons and Bowdabra.
This adorable sequined hair bow resembles a mermaid’s tail. So adorable and simple to create with Bowdabra!
What you need:
While this is a simple, single fold-over bow, the Bowdabra is KEY in working with stiff & thick trims to hold everything in place while you work.
- Start by placing your bow wire across the Bowdabra and tuck ends under the unit to keep them out of the way while you work – set aside
- To create your mermaid tail hair bow, download a free mermaid tail coloring page from the internet.
- Resize for the width of trim you are using, cut out and trace on to the back of the trim
- Apply Fray Stopper or C.A. (Super Glue) to the cut edges to prevent fraying
- Starting with the straight edge of the trim and with the backside of trim facing up, pinch and push into the Bowdabra
- Fold trim over, pinch just above your tail cut and push into Bowdabra
- Tamp down with Bowdabra Wand
- Pull ends of Bow Wire out from under unit, place cut ends through the looped end and pull tight
- Knot wire to hold your bow together
- Using your hot glue gun, dot on the front of the hair bow where bow wire is wrapped
- Center your contract ribbon on the hot glue
- Now flip over to the backside and hot glue ribbon ends
- Your hair bow is now ready to be attached to a clip, barrette or hair elastic!
Thanks for stopping by today!