This adorable sequined hair bow resembles a mermaid’s tail. So adorable and simple to create with Bowdabra!
What you need:
- Bowdabra & Bowdabra Wand
- Silver Bow Wire (cut to 20″ and folded in half)
- Sequined Trim (cut to 10″)
- Purple Sparkle Ribbon (cut to 3″)
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue
While this is a simple, single fold-over bow, the Bowdabra is KEY in working with stiff & thick trims to hold everything in place while you work.
- Start by placing your bow wire across the Bowdabra and tuck ends under the unit to keep them out of the way while you work – set aside
- To create your mermaid tail hair bow, download a free mermaid tail coloring page from the internet.
- Resize for the width of trim you are using, cut out and trace on to the back of the trim
- Apply Fray Stopper or C.A. (Super Glue) to the cut edges to prevent fraying
- Starting with the straight edge of the trim and with the backside of trim facing up, pinch and push into the Bowdabra
- Fold trim over, pinch just above your tail cut and push into Bowdabra
- Tamp down with Bowdabra Wand
- Pull ends of Bow Wire out from under unit, place cut ends through the looped end and pull tight
- Knot wire to hold your bow together
- Using your hot glue gun, dot on the front of the hair bow where bow wire is wrapped
- Center your contract ribbon on the hot glue
- Now flip over to the backside and hot glue ribbon ends
- Your hair bow is now ready to be attached to a clip, barrette or hair elastic!
Thanks for stopping by today!