This spectacular Memorial Day bow is perfect for adorning a mailbox, as an addition to a door wreath, or as part of a table centerpiece.
Instructions for the Memorial Day Bow
- First, cut the ribbon, tulle, and 18″ bow wires to length. Quickly pass the ribbon ends through a flame since it will seal the ribbon.
- Next, fold the 24″ bow wire in half and put it in the Bowdabra. Tuck the ends of the wire under the Bowdabra to keep them out of the way.
- Then, make a two-loop bow with the red tulle.
- Next, add the white tulle to the Bowdabra, and make a three-loop bow.
- Now, make a four-loop bow with the blue wired ribbon.
- Then, add the 18″ bow wires to the Bowdabra.
- Next, compress the tulle, ribbon, and bow wires in the Bowdabra with the wand.
- With the ribbons still in the Bowdabra, pass the wire ends through the loop and tighten.
- Next, bring the wire ends to the back of the bow and tie a secure knot, however, leave the wire end uncut for now.
- Arrange the tulle and ribbon loops, fluffing the bow.
- Now, wrap the bow wires, one at a time, around a skewer or knitting needle. Gentle slide the skewer from the wrapped wire leaving a coil.
- After coiling all the bow wires, you will have a mass of spirals reminiscent of fireworks.
Be sure and visit Bowdabra blog for more Memorial Day projects like this one and so much more. And don’t miss our Facebook live each Monday at 4:00 p.m. PST, 5:00 p.m. MST, 6:00 p.m. CST, and 7:00 p.m. EST. You can follow along with Bowdabra creator, Sandy Sandler, or Nick Kreticos as they take you through several wonderful projects live. There is always something new to make and each week one lucky viewer will receive a special gift!