Nick from Nick’s Season décor is here to demonstrate some of the really pretty and funky bows made with colorful ribbons of different widths. Join him in this week’s Bowdabra Live as he makes Wide-Ribbon Bow, 3-2-1 Layered Bow, Funky Wreath Bow, and more.
1. Nick begins with scrunching the 4” wide decorative ribbon in the Large Bowdabra, making 3 loops on each side with the twist-and-turn method.
2. He tops it with another beautiful red ribbon with 1.5″ width, making loops with the twist-and-turn method.
3. Nick scrunches both the ribbons tightly with the Bowdabra Wand and ties them with the Gold Bowdabra bow wire.
4. He fluffs the ribbons to give the bow a flower-like appearance.
5. Nick cuts one strip from each ribbon of 24” length for making the tails. He ties them to the bow. The tails are dovetailed for enhanced beauty.
1. Nick scrunches two super pretty dovetailed dark burgundy ribbon strips in the Large Bowdabra. He makes loops with the top ribbon with twist-and-turn method.
2. Nick ties both the ribbons and fluffs the loops in a circular fashion to finish the pretty layered bow with three large, two medium, and one small/button loop in the middle.
1. Using the Large Bowdabra, Nick scrunches and ties strips of a beautiful red mesh with golden borders to a green wreath with the twist-and-turn method.
2. He finishes the wreath decoration by tying the mesh around the circular wreath.
• Large Bowdabra
• Multi-color ribbon
1. For this bow, Nick scrunches 4 strips of a multi-color ribbon in the Large Bowdabra, making loops on both sides.
2. He cut the excessive ribbon strips for the tails, further cutting the ends for dovetail.
3. Lastly, Nick fluffs the loops and the tails to finish the colorful funky bow.
4. He ties the bow at the center of red and gold mesh wreath. He further decorates the wreath with some green picks. More ornaments and picks can also be added to decorate the wreath.
1. Nick begins with scrunching two strips of the printed ribbon in the Large Bowdabra for tails. Be careful that the printed side is faced up.
2. He adds another strip of the ribbon on top making loops with the twist-and-turn method, keeping the printed side up.
3. He ties the ribbons and fluffs the loops to finish the beautiful traditional bow made with pretty printed ribbons.