It’s coming!! Soon fall will be here. Time to create this stunning autumn wreath using dollar store finds.
Here are the supplies that you’ll need:
- 10″ floral foam ring*
- 2 fall-themed floral stems*
- Straight pins*
- 10-12′ length 1½” neutral ribbon
- 48″ length brown 1½” grosgrain ribbon
- 12″ length brown 1½” grosgrain ribbon
- 38″ length brown 1″ satin ribbon*
- 10″ length brown 1″ satin ribbon*
- 21″ length Bowdabra bow wire
- Bowdabra Bow Making & Design Tool
- Hot glue
*these were my dollar store finds :)
Let’s start making the Autumn Wreath:
- Begin my wrapping the floral ring with the neutral ribbon. Use straight pins to anchor the ribbon at the beginning and end.
- Disassemble the fall floral stem. Use a craft knife to strip away the coating exposing the wire core. Cut individual leaves from the floral stem.
- Use straight pins to anchor the leaves to the covered floral ring—one pin per leaf positioned at the base of the leaf. Overlap the leaves to hide the pins. Any exposed wire core can be treated like pins and placed directly into the ring. When the ring is completely covered with fall leaves, set aside.
- Dovetail the ends of the ribbons. Then, quickly pass the ribbon ends through a flame to seal the ends and prevent fraying.
- Next, fold bow wire in half and put it in the Bowdabra. Tuck the ends of the wire under the Bowdabra to keep them out of the way.
- Place the 12″ length of grosgrain ribbon in the Bowdabra. Then, add the 10″ length of satin ribbon on top of it.
- Make a fold-over bow with the 48″ length of grosgrain ribbon.
- Use the 38″ length of satin ribbon to make another fold-over bow on top of the first. Make the loops of the satin ribbon slightly smaller than those of the grosgrain ribbon. Compress the ribbons in the Bowdabra with the wand.
- With the ribbons still in the Bowdabra, pass the wire ends through the loop and tighten. Tie a knot on the reverse side. Leave the wire ends uncut.
- Hot glue a floral embellishment to the center of the bow. Arrange the individual loops and fluff the bow.
- Use the uncut wire ends to secure the bow to the wreath.
Click here to learn more about the designer, Carole.