An ornament made with natural materials adds a stunning accent to a Christmas tree or as a package decoration. This ornament is quick and easy to make—perfect when you want a handmade ornament, but don’t want a huge time investment during the busy holidays.
Ornament with natural materials
Here are the supplies you’ll need:
- Mini Bowdabra
- 20″ length Bowdabra bow wire
- 20″ length 6″ tulle
- Sprig of dried pampas grass
- Stem of holly
- 3 jingle bells
- E6000 adhesive
- Bell cap
Making the Natural Swag
- Dry fit the stem ends into the bell cap. If necessary, taper thick stems with a craft knife.
- Add a drop of adhesive to the end of a stem.
- Insert the stems into the bell cap. Set aside to dry.
Making the Tulle Rosette
- Fold bow wire in half and put it in the Mini Bowdabra. Tuck the ends of the wire under the Bowdabra to keep them out of the way.
- Scrunch the length of tulle into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Compress the ribbon with the Mini Bowdabra wand.
- With the rosette still in the Mini Bowdabra, pass the wire ends through the loop and tighten. Tie a knot on the reverse side. Leave the wire ends long.
Assembling the Ornament
- Position the swag on top of the rosette. Use the wire end to tie the swag to the rosette.
- Thread a cluster of jingle bells onto the bow wire. Tie securely in place. Trim the wire ends.
For more quick and easy DIY tutorials visit Bowdabra blog each week. Be sure to like us on Facebook. Each Monday at 4:00 p.m. PST, 5:00 p.m. MST, 6:00 p.m. CST, and 7:00 p.m. EST, Bowdabra hosts a Facebook live. There is always something new to make and Bowdabra takes you through the easy steps. Also, each week one lucky viewer will receive a special gift!