Making a Christmas Lantern Swag is loads of fun, and adds a beautiful touch of natural charm to your holiday decor. Wondering how to make this Swag for Christmas? Watch kelly on Bowdabra Facebook Live, with one funky bow and one Christmas Lantern Swag, teaching us the process from scratch! Tune in to learn just how to make the bow and the Lantern Swag.
A beautiful Christmas Lantern Swag (Starts at 6:03)
- Lantern (17″ tall)
- Artificial pine greenery decorative picks
- White decorative Picks
- Red berries pick
- Zip ties
- Wire cutters or Scissors
1. Kelly adds some pine greenery decorative picks with the White and Red berries pick together.
2. She secures the decorative picks together by adding a zip tie in the middle.
3. Next, she trims the excess off the zip tie using wire cutters or scissors.
After making the swag, now it’s time to work on the bow for this lantern swag.
Funky Christmas bow for Lantern Swag décor (Starts at 18:17)
- 100-yard Bowdabra bow wire
- Large Bowdabra
- 1½” Black White Buffalo Plaid ribbon roll
- 1½” Red Black Buffalo Plaid ribbon roll
- Burlap ribbon roll
- Christmas tree red glittery printed ribbon roll
1. Kelly folds the bow wire in half and places it underneath the Bowdabra.
2. She places 16” tail right into the Bowdabra using a 1½” Black White Buffalo Plaid ribbon roll.
3. Next, she creates 3 big loops(6½”) on each side of the Bowdabra with the Black-White Buffalo Plaid ribbon.
4. This time, she picks a Burlap ribbon roll and creates 3 loops on each side of the Bowdabra.
5. Next, she takes a 1½” Red Black Buffalo Plaid ribbon roll and adds 3 loops on either side of the Bowdabra.
6. She opts for a Christmas tree red glittery printed ribbon roll and adds 3 loops on either side of the Bowdabra with a cute button loop in the center.
7. To secure the bow she brings the wire from one side to another and put a slip knot.
8. Kelly finishes off by fluffing the loops and cutting the dovetail pattern on the tail ends, and attaches the bow to the swag.
9. In the end, she takes the bow with the swag and attaches it to the lantern to give it a finished look.
Voila! You made a beautiful Christmas Lantern Swag!