Definitely this is the year to ring out the old and bring in the new. Celebrate ushering out 2020 and greeting 2021 with a New Year’s wreath.
Gather these supplies:
- 30″ length Bowdabra bow wire
- 20″ length Bowdabra bow wire
- Bowdabra Bow Making & Design Tool
- 18″ length 2″ wired ribbon for tails
- 48″ length 2″ wired ribbon for bow
- 2 plastic champagne flutes
- 2021 cutout
- Double sided tape
- Wreath of your choice
Let’s make the New Year’s Wreath:
- Use the 30″ length of bow wire to wire the stems of the champagne flutes together.
- Cut the ribbon to length, dovetail the ends of the 18″ length of ribbon, and pass the ribbon ends through a flame to seal the ends.
- Fold bow wire in half and put it in the Bowdabra. Tuck the ends of the wire under the Bowdabra to keep them out of the way.
- Center the 18″ length of ribbon in the Bowdabra, forming the tails of the bow.
- Next, make a bow with the 48″ length of ribbon.
- Compress the ribbon with the Bowdabra wand.
- With the bow still in the Bowdabra, pass the wire ends through the loop and tighten. Tie a knot on the reverse side. Leave the wire ends long to attach the bow to the wreath.
- Attach the bow to the stems of the champagne flutes.
- Attached bow and flute to wreath.
- Use double sided tape to attach the 2021 cutout to the wreath.
- Ring in the new year in style.
For more quick and easy DIY tutorials visit the Bowdabra blog each week. And be sure and like us on Facebook. Each Monday at 4:00 p.m. PST, 5:00 p.m. MST, 6:00 p.m. CST, and 7:00 p.m. EST, Bowdabra will host a Facebook live. There is always something new to make and we take you through the easy steps. Each week one lucky viewer will receive a special gift!