Nothing says winter like a sparkling snowflake. This glitter winter hair bow has both sparkle and a snowflake.
Here are the supplies you’ll need:
- Mini Bowdabra
- 20″ length Bowdabra bow wire
- 10″ length 2″Holographic Glitter Canvas Ribbon
- Pattern for the bow
- Acrylic snowflake
- E6000 adhesive
- Hot glue
- Hair clip
Let’s make the glitter Winter Hair Bow:
- Trace the bow pattern on the canvas side of the holographic ribbon and cut out the pieces.
- Fold bow wire in half and put it in the Mini Bowdabra. Tuck the ends of the wire under the Bowdabra to keep them out of the way.
- Center the bow base face up in the Mini Bowdabra.
- Insert one tab end of the bow piece face down into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Bring the other tab end up and over the pillar, and insert it in the Mini Bowdabra.
- Next, press the center of the bow piece into the Mini Bowdabra.
- With the bow pieces still in the Mini Bowdabra, pass the wire ends through the loop and tighten. Tie a knot on the reverse side. Leave the wire ends long.
- Lay the center strip face down on a silicone mat. Place the bow face down on top of the center strip. Lay the bow wire ends to each side of the bow.
- Use hot glue to attach the center strip around the bow pieces. Trim wire ends.
- Remove one arm of the snowflake. Use E6000 to glue the bow to the snowflake. Set aside to dry.
- Glue the hair clip to the backside of the snowflake using E6000.
Celebrate winter with a new hair bow
And be sure and like us on Facebook for our live DIY tutorials. Be there every Monday at 4:00 p.m. PST, 5:00 p.m. MST, 6:00 p.m. CST, and 7:00 p.m. and you could be our next winner of a special gift!