Coil mesh tubing and over-sized heart shaped rhinestones combine to create this bejeweled Valentine hair bow.
Here’s the supplies that you’ll need:
- Mini Bowdabra
- 18″ length of Bowdabra bow wire
- 16″ length 7/8″ white satin ribbon
- 12″ length 7/8″ white satin ribbon
- 24″ length 9″ wide white tulle
- 32″ coil mesh tubing
- 4″ length 6″ wide red tulle
- Four ¾” rhinestone hearts
- Liquid adhesive
- Hair clip
- Hot glue
Instructions for making the Bejeweled Valentine Hair Bow
- Cut the white satin ribbons to appropriate lengths. Cut reverse dovetail ends by folding the ribbon in half lengthwise and cutting away the tip at an angle. Quickly pass all ribbon ends through a flame to seal the ends.
- Use liquid adhesive to glue the rhinestone to the ends of two lengths of satin ribbon. Set aside until the glue dries.
- Fold the Bowdabra bow wire in half and place in the Mini Bowdabra. You can tuck the wire ends under the Mini Bowdabra so they are out of the way.
- Center the 16″ length of satin ribbon face up in the Mini Bowdabra. Add the 12″ length on top.
- Fold the white tulle in half lengthwise, and scrunch into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Using the coil mesh tubing, make a fold bow with five loops on each side of the Mini Bowdabra.
- Compress the ribbons with the Mini Bowdabra wand.
- With the ribbons still in the Mini Bowdabra, pass the ends of the bow wire through the loop, and tighten. Tie a secure knot on the reverse side of the bow. Leave the wire ends long.
- Tie a loose overhand knot with the red tulle. Secure the knot to the front of the bow with a dab of hot glue.
- Turn the bow over working on the reverse side of the bow. Make sure the bow wires are separated—one to the right side of the bow, the other to the left. Add a dab of hot glue to the back center of the bow and secure one end of the red tulle. Trim excess. Repeat gluing and trimming for the other end. Trim wire ends.
- Hot glue the hair clip to the back of the bow.
How to Make a Thankful Jar for Your Thanksgiving Table
Video how-to make a fun little magnetic tic-tac-toe game
Make an awesome New Year's Eve garland in minutes
Video how to make adorable Spring Hair Bows with Bowdabra
How to Make a Patriotic Bow for Memorial Day
Bowdabra Feature Friday Indoor Winter Fun For the Family