Hello Crafty People! Gorgeous and unique party favors and attire are easy and fun with Bowdabra! Let’s get ready to embellish a Mardi Gras mask!
How to Embellish a Mardi Gras Mask with Bowdabra!
- Bowdabra Bow Making Tool and Supplies (Bowdabra Wire and Ribbon)
- Plastic/plain mask
- Fleur di Lis embellishment
- Green and purple thin satin ribbon
- Mini set of LED lights
- Hot glue, glitter, and a large gold bead
- First, glue glitter into the Fleur de Lis and let dry, or use hot glue in stages. Glue the gold bead into place on the Fleur de Lis, then glue the finished piece to the top center of the mask from behind.
- Create your Bowdabra “poof”. Place the Bowdabra Wire into the tool, looped at one end. Cut three lengths of ribbon (14″, 12″, and 10″). Fold the ribbon lengths in half, cut the ends diagonally alternating directions. 14″ and 10″ ribbons should be cut in the same direction, and the 12″ ribbon in the opposite direction. Place them into the Bowdabra Tool, leaving a 1/2-3/4″ “tail” on the opposite side.
Add the mini lights
- Add the mini lights. Loop the lights using different heights, keeping a short “tail” on the opposite side of the Bowdabra Tool.
- Add 3 loops of each green and purple satin ribbon in descending size.
- Compact your layers with the Bowdabra Wand, pull up the Bowdabra wire and put the loose ends through the loop, pull tight and up to remove from the Bowdabra Tool. Tie off in the front and bring around to the back to tie off again. Snip excess Bowdabra Wire.
- Hot glue your Bowdabra Creation to the backside of the Mardi Gras mask, fluff, and position ribbon as needed.
For more quick and easy DIY tutorials e visit the Bowdabra blog each week where you will find more Mardi Gras DIYs like this one. And be sure and like us on Facebook. Join us each Monday at 4:00 p.m. PST, 5:00 p.m. MST, 6:00 p.m. CST, and 7:00 p.m. EST, for Facebook, live.
Looking for another easy DIY, try this Mardi Gras headband for another great party accessory!