Kid’s art with marbles and paint is a favorite for creating fabulous, one-of-a-kind pieces of art. Every piece of marble painting is perfect—there are no failures!! Even your youngest artist will enjoy this fun project.
You’ll need these supplies:
- Any kind of lid or shallow box that you’ve rescued from the trash
- Four or five marbles
- Scrap paper, junk mail envelopes
- Acrylic paints
- Condiment contains
Here’s how to create fabulous art with marbles and paint:
There are two methods. Here’s Method One.
- Lay the paper in the bottom of the lid making a marble corral. Make sure that the sides of your corral are high enough that the marbles can’t out. Randomly place a few dots of paints on the paper.
- Add the marbles.
- Now the fun begins!! Tilt the marble corral so the marbles roll through the paint dots leaving abstract trails and designs on the paper.
Here’s Method Two.
- Lay the paper in the bottom of the lid making a marble corral.
- Pour a bit of paint into a condiment cup. Drop a marble into the cup and swirl to coat the marble with paint. Put the coated marbles in the marble corral.
- , Tilt the corral allowing the marble to do the “painting.”
Here you can see the different result from the two methods. Method One produces a bolder piece of art.
The art that kids create with marble painting can be used in many ways:
- Background paper for future projects
- Fold a piece of painted paper in half to make a one-of-a-kind greeting card
- Cut shapes from the marble painted paper; glue them back-to-back; add a cord for hanging; use as an ornament.
If you enjoyed the tutorial for kid’s art with marbles and paint you will love all the other amazing kid’s crafts, video DIYs, and more on the Bowdabra Blog.